1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that some websites can install in their devices or computer terminals and which constitute procedures for automatically collecting information on Internet users during their visit to a given website in order to, among other activities, recognize them as return visitors and accordingly personalize their experience, provide faster browsing, collect statistical information, and/or store preferences and browsing habits.
Cookies are useful because they allow websites to better tailor their functioning to user preferences and help the managers of websites to improve the services offered using the information collected through cookies.
2. Types of cookies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
3. Cookies used on our Website
You can find your cookie preferences in the link at the bottom of the page titled "Privacy Preference Center".
4. How do you configure cookies and withdraw consent?
When you access our website for the first time, a window will appear. You will be asked to indicate whether you wish to accept, configure or reject cookies, except those that are strictly necessary, via the Privacy Preference Centre, which you can access directly from the website's main banner, as well as via the link available on the Cookie Configuration web page.
You can configure cookies via the Privacy Preference Centre. You can also view the types of cookies we use and their purposes, as well as choose the cookies you'd like to enable. You can configure cookies and withdraw consent at any time.
Furthermore, you can, at any time, to configure your browser to receive notifications regarding cookies reception and to prevent their installation on your computer, or to revoke the consent previously given. Please, check the instructions and manuals of your browser to expand this information and to know the different ways available to manage cookies.
If you accept third-party cookies and later wish to remove them, you can use the cookie deactivation tools of the different web browsers or remove them through the system enabled by these third parties.
Please note that deleting or opposing certain Cookies may affect your browsing experience or eliminate your preferences for them.
This Cookies Policy has been updated in February 2021.
© JEAN PAUL GAULTIER S.A.S, 2021. All rights reserved.